- Start walking slowly when you are back to your room after bariatric surgery, and keep walking constantly during the next days.
This is for a better and faster recovery of the discomfort caused by the gas and anesthesia used at surgery.
- You will stay from one to two nights in the hospital, depending on the procedure done and the physician’s opinion.
- Don’t drink liquids until the fluoroscopy test is done, which is the day after surgery. (Before this, just take ice chips to calm the thirst).
- You will have a drain, which will be removed 2 or 3 days after surgery. Even with drain placed, you can bath and have regular activities.
- Don’t do heavy lifting for 6 weeks, this is to prevent complication in your incisions.
- Follow the post-op diet.
(1 week clear liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 week soft diet, and from the 4th week on, you can have complete diet).
**See your post-op diet file.