- Start walking slowly when you are back to your room after surgery, and keep walking constantly during the next days. This is for a better and faster recovery of the discomfort caused by the gas and anesthesia used at surgery.
- You will stay from one to two nights in the hospital, depending on the procedure done and the physician’s opinion.
- Don’t drink liquids until the fluoroscopy test is done, which is the day after surgery. (Before this, just take ice chips to calm the thirst).
- You will have a drain, which will be removed 2 or 3 days after surgery. Even with drain placed, you can bath and have regular activities.
- Don’t do heavy lifting for 6 weeks, this is to prevent complication in your incisions.
- Follow the post-op diet. (1 week clear liquids, 1 week full liquids, 1 week soft diet, and from the 4th week on, you can have complete diet).
**See your post-op diet file.
- For better results, remember to follow up with a nutritionist.
- Start taking your multivitamins 2 weeks after surgery.
- The Laboratory tests may be at the 3rd, 9th an 15th month after surgery. And those may include:
- Lipids, *CBC (complete blood count), *Blood Chemistry, *Total protein, *Albumin, *Iron tests, *Vitamins and trace minerals, *Electrolytes
Get more suggestions in the PDF file below
Download PDF File Post Bariatric Surgery
Post Bariatric Surgery
Open and download PDF file with complete Post Bariatric Surgery Instructions.
Click here to download file
Join our private Facebook support group and receive nutrition information and support from other patients.