BLENDED/PUREED DIET sample menu
8:00 am –
½ Hard-boiled egg, mashed and seasoned
½ cup pureed apple sauce
¼ cup high protein oatmeal
1 packet protein supplement
12:00 noon –
½ cup pureed breast of chicken (no skin, baked, broiled or grilled)
½ cup sugar free pudding (high protein)
½ cup low-fat or non-fat yogurt
¼ cup blended homemade cooked fruit or very ripe banana
¼ cup pureed pork or fish with fat-free broth
¼ cup pureed cooked green beans
¼ cup cooked squash
1 teaspoon olive oil
½ cup pureed non-fat cottage cheese or tofu
½ cup fruit juice or pureed cooked fruit
In between meals, drink at least 6-8 cups of water and any other no calorie or sugar-free, non-carbonated beverages.
- EAT 6 small liquid, and blended meals each day, but add one solid food item at one meal the first day. Add one more solid food item each day.
ALL NEW FOODS NEED TO BE SOFT, COOKED OR CANNED.
- AVOID all raw fruit and vegetables, nuts, popcorn, pickles, olives or relishes.
- RECORD all new foods and any problems you have with them in a food diary and let your doctor know of any problems or questions you may have.
- CHEW your food very well before swallowing. The consistency of the food should be liked mashed potatoes. Make sure that each bite is very small (as if you were feeding a baby) and continue to eat small amounts slowly. Eat about 2 Tablespoons over 10-15 minutes.
- CONTINUE to take your multiple vitamins, calcium supplements, iron and B12 supplement as directed.
- DRINK at least 6 cups (48 ounces) of water and other low/no calorie fluids between meals.
- AVOID beverages that have alcohol or caffeine and those that are carbonated.
- REMEMBER, don’t use a straw or chew gum
OUR PATIENTS SAY
But don’t take our word for it. Hear what our past patients have to say about how their lives have changes since their surgeries.
“Many people decide that just beginning the process of change is too much effort. I’m so glad that I chose to make a change and transform my life. I pray this inspires you. It’s not where you came from, it’s about how adamant and focused you are that’s really important. Thanks to my doctor and a very special friend who introduced me to my new life. I am forever grateful to Dr. Alejandro López.”